Interview with Dr.BALAKRISHNAN S
International Data Science Writer 2019
IEEE Brand Ambassador, Author, Editor, Mentor
PROFESSOR and Head, Department of Computer Science and Business System
Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Q1. Please share your inspirational journey with us?
I did my graduate in Noorul Islam college of Engineering, Nagercoil, Tamilnadu, post-graduate in Sathyabama University, Chennai and my Research in Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research Institute, Chennai. After my UG I started my career as Lecturer in Chennai. I am having 18 years of experience in teaching, research and administration.
At present, I am working as a Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science and Business System at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India. I have published over 20 books, 6 Book Chapters, 25 Technical articles in CSI Communications Magazine, 24 technical Blogs, 1 article in Electronics for You (EFY) magazine, 6 articles in Open Source for You Magazine and over 100+ publications in highly cited Journals and Conferences.
Some of my professional awards include: Faculty with Maximum Publishing in CSI Communications 2017-2019, International Data Science Writer of the Year 2019, by DataScience Foundation, UK, with cash prize 900Euro, MTC Global Outstanding Researcher Award, Inspiring Authors of India, Deloitte Innovation Award Deloittee for Smart India Hackathon 2018, Patent Published Award, and Impactful Author of the Year 2017-18. My research interests are Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing and IoT.
I have delivered several guest lectures, seminars and chaired a session for various Conferences. And I am serving as a Reviewer and Editorial Board Member of many reputed Journals and acted as Session chair and Technical Program Committee member of National conferences and International Conferences at Vietnam, China, America and Bangkok. And also acted as Mentor in Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2020 Title Winner, with 1 Lakh Cash Prize.
I have published more than 21 Patents on IoT Applications and 1 granted copyright. I have been appreciated under India Book of Records 2021 for filing 18 patents over a period of 15 months. And also acting as an IEEE Brand Ambassador, T4 Ambassador and Bentham Science Publisher Brand Ambassador.
Q2. What did attract you towards teaching instead of any corporate job?
From childhood itself, I love to share my knowledge with my peers. For me, teaching is a noble profession, where I can give something back to the community and to student’s life.
Q3. What kind of hurdles did you face in your journey?
One of the biggest struggles overcome my life was during my journey to get my doctorate. Due to countless unprecedented circumstances, my graduation got pushed to 8 years. “After 8 years, I became Dr. Balakrishnan,” it is my pride and emotion touching moment and “this was definitely one of the biggest turning points in my life.”
Q4. You are a Educator, Author and many more. How do you play multiple roles simultaneously in your life?
I love to explore different roles such as a speaker, author, editor, professor. I follow my own mantra “Seek your Victory in your Hard work”.
Q5. What was your Thesis topic in Ph.D? Please share some brief about it?
Title of my research topic was: Study of Framework and Categories of Agent Based Intelligent Systems.
The main objective of my research work is to develop and implement different applications based on four IA categories which are Coordination, Integration, Believable Agent and Assistance. The first phase of research focuses on implementation of three categories i.e., coordination, integration and assistance.
An agent-based prioritized email coordination is to organize unread emails of a particular user, based on the data that is populated from user’s access history, for which the Coordination Category supports the implementation. E-learning is one of the major sources for students and public, providing knowledge.
IA’s integration category focuses on providing better access for e-learning resources in an effective way. This is achieved through populating and collating data for e-learning from heterogeneous data sources. In implementing IA’s assistance category, “Secured Trust” model which plays critical role in open network is used.
This work is carried out by analyzing and evaluating different factors in creating trust for the IA. Next phase of research focuses on implementation of IA’s believable agent category and spam-filtering IA assistance category. In supporting our research, IA-based game application was developed and implemented for believable agent category.
Q6. What do you want to achieve in your life?
I want to give back something to the society that brought me. Nothing is precious than molding and shaping the younger generation of the society. I will feel gifted by myself and I keep on contributing to achieving the fourth highest Civilian Award.
Get more about Dr. Balakrishnan @
Web Page: https://balkiparu.wixsite.com/bala
Linked-in URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-balakrishnan-s-11970726
Vidwan id: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/124986
WHITE PAPERS IN DATA SCIENCE FOUNDATION:
- Innovating The Learning Experience Through Educational Technology: A Digital Insight, 28th June 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/innovating-the-learning-experience-through-educational-technology-a-digital-insight
- Open Source Solutions for Building Your Own Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage, 21st May, 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/open-source-solutions-for-building-your-own-storage-area-network-and-network-attached-storage
- An Overview of Autopsy: Open Source Digital Forensic Platform, 13th May 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/an-overview-of-autopsy-open-source-digital-forensic-platform-1
- Internet Of Things (IOT): Network Protocol Queue And Enabling Technologies, 25 March 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/internet-of-things-iot-network-protocol-queue-and-enabling-technologies
- Top 10 Popular Open Source DEVOPS Tools, March 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/top-10-popular-open-source-devops-tools
- Intelligent Agent Based Business Intelligence, February 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/intelligent-agent-based-business-intelligence
- ARK Stack Deployment: An Interoperability Solution For Seamless Blockchain Ecosystem, January 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/ark-stack-deployment-an-interoperability-solution-for-seamless-blockchain-ecosystem
- Big Data Analytics: Idea, Data Types And Reference Architecture, January 2020. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/big-data-analytics-idea-data-types-and-reference-architecture
- An Overview List of Free Cybersecurity Tools, December 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/an-overview-list-of-free-cybersecurity-tools
- A Quick Intro Of Big Data Visualization Techniques And Tools, November 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/a-quick-intro-of-big-data-visualization-techniques-and-tools
- Agent Based Internet of Things System in a Cloud Environment, October 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/agent-based-internet-of-things-system-in-a-cloud-environment
- Top 20 Data Analytics Tools, October 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/top-20-data-analytics-tools
- Impact of Cloud Computing Technology on E-Governance, October 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/impact-of-cloud-computing-technology-on-e-governance.
- ABC’s Of Systemic Approach Of Machine Learning, September 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/abc-s-of-systemic-approach-of-machine-learning
- Crowdsourcing Big Data Analytics – Impact, September 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/crowdsourcing-big-data-analytics-impact
- JADE Agent Tool: Overview And Its Packages. August 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/category/artificial-intelligence
- Top 5 Use Cases and Platforms of Blockchain Technology. August 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/top-5-use-cases-and-platforms-of-blockchain-technology
- Internet of Things With Big Data, Cloud And M2m Technologies, August 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/internet-of-things-with-big-data-cloud-and-m2m-technologies
- An Overview of Agent Based Intelligent Systems and Its Tools, July 2019. https://datascience.foundation/sciencewhitepaper/an-overview-of-agent-based-intelligent-systems-and-its-tools.
- DataTalk article in Data Science Foundation, GULP: A DEVOPS Based Tool for Web Applications, July 2020. https://datascience.foundation/datatalk/gulp-a-devops-based-tool-for-web-applications
- DataTalk article in Data Science Foundation, The Role of Data Science in Big Data Analytics, May 2020. https://datascience.foundation/datatalk/the-role-of-data-science-in-big-data-analytics
- DataTalk article in Data Science Foundation, Cyber Physical Systems, April 2020. https://datascience.foundation/datatalk/cyber-physical-systems
- DataTalk article in Data Science Foundation, Green Computing: The Future of Computing, February 2020. https://datascience.foundation/datatalk/green-computing-the-future-of-computing
- Digital Marketing Strategy in Higher Education using Social Media Analytics, Vol – 3, Issue 11, December, 2019. https://indiadidac.org/2019/11/digital-marketing-strategy-in-higher-education-using-social-media-analytics/
- Robustious Speech Recognition and Synthesis of Helpful Domestic Humanoid. https://balakrishnan711711002.wordpress.com/robustious-speech-recognition-and-synthesis-of-helpful-domestic-humanoid/
- Smart Computing: A New Buzzword In IT Industry. https://balakrishnan711711002.wordpress.com/2019/05/02/smart-computing-a-new-buzzword-in-it-industry/
- Cross-Platform Mobile App Development Tools. https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/balakrishnan711711002.wordpress.com/41