Dr. Saurabh Kumar Jha, Ph.D. FIRM (IASRM)
Assistant Professor, Placement Coordinator Biotechnology,
Department of Biotechnology, School of Engineering & Technology
Sharda University, Greater Noida, India
Dr. Saurabh Kumar Jha is working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Engineering and Technology (Department of Biotechnology) at Sharda University, Greater Noida. He obtained his M.Sc. (Biotechnology) degree from VIT University, Vellore, and Ph.D. Degree in Biotechnology (Neurobiology) was awarded from Delhi Technological University (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering). His areas of interest in Stem Cell and expertise include molecular chaperone and ubiquitin E3 ligase in neurodegenerative disorders along with therapeutics action of biomolecules in aged neurons and muscles.
He has published 50 papers in peer-reviewed and high impact factor International Journals such as JAR,JNC, JAD, BBA, APCS, GENE & JTM (h-Index 13; i10-index 16; Cumulative impact factors 150; Citation Index is 620) and Three books chapters in Springer International publishing AG. He has also got “Commendable Research Excellence Award DTU 2018” from Delhi Technological University, Delhi. Recently, Dr. Jha has received “Best Stem Cell Researcher Award 2019” by Prof. (Dr). Michele Zocchi, University of Turin, Italy. He has also presented more than 17 papers in international symposium and proceedings. Further, He has also designed and introduced the two new courses at level of B.Tech/M.Sc./PGD in “Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Medicine” & “Genetic Engineering” in Sharda University.
Dr. Jha has excellent track record in Teaching, Research and Placement in term of B.Tech and M.Tech Biotechnology at Sharda University. Until now, he has currently guided 03 Ph.D., 02 M.Tech, 02 M.Sc. and more than 10 BS students. He has also served various committee Members of Department of Biotechnology as well as University level. He is the life and regular member of various professional societies across the globe.
He has shared a glance about Sharda University and The Department of Biotechnology with us.
The Sharda Advantages:
- Internationally trained, renowned and highly experienced faculty in all super speciality areas.
- State-of-the-art laboratories with sophisticated scientific instruments and tissue & cell culture facilities to provide extensive hands -on experiences.
- Specialised courses, Value added courses including foreign language, research based hand-on trainings based by industry experts
- Advanced syllabus designed in consultation with academic and industrial leaders for excellent intellectual grooming and skill development.
- 100% placement records of the students in well-known companies with the highest package of 10 LPA and the lowest package of 3.06 LPA.
- For the placement, we guide students for the interview vocally as well as mentally. We also guide them for each step to get successfully placed on campus.
- The faculty members of the department published 300 papers in high impact factor peer-reviewed journals and 15 Patents.
- Research grant 2CR from different Government funding agencies such as DBT,ICMR, DST & CSIR
Course Thrust Areas:
- In depth understanding of Cell and Molecular Biology and its innovative translation
- Understanding human disease pathogenesis to develop novel therapeutics intervention
- Theoretical and Practical exposure in technology related to Biotechnology and Food Technology
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical firms
- Hospital and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Market Research, Government and Non-Government organization in India/abroad
- Higher Study
The Department of Biotechnology:
Dean, School of Engineering and Technology (SET) Prof. (Dr.) Parma Nand, also enlightened students with motivating words, and inspired them to focus on skill development and strength building rather than merely collecting diplomas and degrees. He believes on “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students. “
The Department of Biotechnology was founded in 2009 with a vision to make an impact through research and technology-based training. The department has teaching and research programs that encompass various basic and applied aspects of modern biotechnology. The department is successfully running undergraduate (B.Tech), postgraduate (M.Sc and M.Tech), PG diploma in Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine and Ph.D. Programmes. The scheme of courses has been designed keeping in the demand trend in mind. A conscious effort has been made so that the curriculum of each program integrates courses of biological sciences and engineering with relevant laboratory programs and a compulsory research project of variable duration.
Objective of Department
The main objective of the Department is to provide academic training and conduct research in the interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology with particular emphasis on extending the knowledge generated from these studies towards the development of technologies of commercial significance.
All the basic infrastructural facilities needed for conducting teaching and research programs in different areas of Biotechnology have been developed in the department. The department is housed in a newly constructed building consisting of classrooms with audio-visual facilities well-equipped Research laboratories, a special lab for Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Plant Tissue Culture, Microbial technology, Nanobiotechnology, and Bioinformatics. The students undergo project training in modern Biotechnology viz Bioinformatics, Genomics, Neurobiology, NanoBiotechnology, Water Management, Cancer Biology, Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
The Mission of the department are mentioned below –
- Research and Innovation– Research and Innovation bridge the gap between the biotechnology frontiers and innovation, to provide cutting edge original research in plant, animal, medical, industrial and environmental biotechnology.
- Excellent in Engineering Skills- Typically, to provide the ability to manufacturer existing medicines in a relatively easy and cheaper manner than some Pharmaceutical companies, some key skills sets which we support in this sector include: Bioinformatics, Research & Development, Quality Assurance, Bioprocessing, Upstream and Downstream Processing, Gene Therapy and Biotechnologist
- Professional Ethics- Ethical issues arise across the entire life cycle of a biotechnological product or technique, from laboratory research to broader testing, to product development, to general diffusion and uses.
- Industry Interaction- An institutional initiative with university-industry interaction to develop innovative biotechnology.
- Training in the State of art areas- To provide excellent hands-on training with state of the art lectures to graduate/post-graduate candidates either pursuing or passed out in the field of Biotechnology, Stem Cell, and Regenerative Medicine, Molecular biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Food Process Technology & other related fields of life sciences. It is dedicated to provide new talent to biotech/pharma industries & research organizations by giving advance industrial training through the team of expert & young scientists/ research associates.
- Software development skills- To identify trends in engineering work in three rapidly growing and technology-intensive industries: biotechnology, software development, and information technology.
To become a global center for higher learning in pursuit of academic excellence, innovation, and entrepreneurship in various disciplines of Biotechnology
The department faculty has also been contributing to high-quality research in front line areas of Biotechnology. The Department has collaborated with national and international institute namely Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Science (DRDO LAB, Delhi), Institute of Genomics and integrated biology (CSIR LAB, Delhi), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-D), Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indian Agriculture Research Institute, etc.
- MoU Signed between Sharda University and StemGenn Therapeutics, New Delhi
- MoU Signed between Sharda University and Pathfinder Research and Training Foundation, Greater Noida (UP)
The faculty members of the department are excellent teachers and research scientists, and they have published papers in high impact factor peer-reviewed journals, including JAD, BBA, APCS, JTM, Genes (MDPI), JBC, FASEB, PloS One, Pharmacogenomics, BMC Genomics, Journal of Immunology, Scientific Reports – Nature and Journal of Neuroscience.
Dr. Saurabh Kumar Jha (Assistant Professor) has received the “Best Stem Cell Researcher Award 2019” by Prof Dr. Michele Zocchi, University of Turin, Italy. Dr. Jha has also conferred with “Commendable Research Excellence Award DTU 2018” from Delhi Technological University, Delhi.
100% placement records of the students in well-known companies with the highest package of 10 LPA and the lowest package of 3.06 LPA.
The Department offers the following Program:
Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology (Specializations)
- B.Tech Stem Cell & Tissue Engineering
- B.Tech Genetic Engineering
- B.Tech Food Process Technology
Master of Technology in Biotechnology (Specializations)
- M.Tech. (Biotech)- Animal Biotechnology
- M.Tech. (Biotech)- Plant Biotechnology
- M.Tech in Genetic Engineering
- M.Tech in Food Process Technology
- Bio-Engineering and Bio-Informatics·
Master of Science
- Master of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Master of Science in Genetic Engineering
Ph.D. in Biotechnology (Full Time/Part-Time)
To know more about the Sharda University, please contact:
Address: Plot No. 32 & 34, Knowledge Park-III, Greater Noida, Delhi-NCR (201310)
Interview on Educlasses: