Anurag Vishnoi is an iOS developer. He did his BCA and MCA in computer science from Jodhpur.
He was greatly passionate about computer and applications from his student life.
He really love to make application for mobile specially in iOS. He always wanted to become a programmer.
He selected iPhone zone above on android market. He tell some specific reasons for that to us.
He loves to read books and play cricket. He always update himself to get latest technology and compete with the world.
Here he shares many tips on "How to become successful iPhone Developer".
What are the main key points which makes you master of iOS and iPhone Development.
I did my graduation, BCA in Computer Science. I always felt a deep connection with computer science, almost to the level where I would stay awake for consecutive nights and do random nerdy stuff on my computer.
So, after three years of studying multiple computer languages like C, C++,Java, HTML, CSS etc. I came to the conclusion that I will work on Computer programming. I had to move on. And I did move on to study post graduation on computer science. I did my Master of Computer Applications(MCA) . Around the year 2015, I started JOB as a Application developer in iOS.
My first job was with a IT Software company.
There were many reasons for me to go for an iOS develoopment like
* iPhone users tend to be more affluent, earning 40% more than the average Android user.
* iOS users tend to be younger, with a greater share of the 18-24-year-old market.
* Women are more likely to use iPhones than Android.
* Apple users are more likely to have higher education degrees.
* Apple users tend to be in professional and managerial jobs.
* iOS has more penetration in the enterprise market, thanks to a reputation for better security.
* iOS leads in Western Europe, Australia, and North America.
* Apple users tend to be more engaged with their devices and spend more on apps.
* iOS users are more likely to shop and make purchases using their mobile devices.
* Making an App for iOS is Faster and Less Expensive
* It’s faster, easier, and cheaper to develop for iOS – some estimates put development time at 30-40% longer for Android.
* One reason why iOS is easier to develop for is the code. Android apps are generally written in Java, a language that involves writing more code than Swift, Apple’s official programming language.
* Another reason is that Android is an open source platform. A lack of standardization means more devices, components, and software fragmentation to account for.
* Apple’s closed ecosystem means you’re developing for a few standardized devices and operating systems.
* That said, the Apple App Store has stricter rules and quality expectations and a longer review process, so it may take longer for apps to be approved. Your app may even be rejected if it’s not up to Apple’s standards.
There are many steps to become a successful iPhone Developer. Some are following:
Learn iOS Operating System
Now, this is something quite obvious. If you want to be a professional iOS developer, you must know the Operating System in-depth.
This means it is important to have knowledge of how to:
* Seamlessly handle user interactions via different control systems like switches, sliders, buttons, etc.
* Show alerts
* Build views with xibs, Storyboards, or programmatically
* Display labels, images, and text views
* Handle transition and navigation between views
* Display data in table view
* Integrate with parse JSON and REST APIs
Here are some topics that you should have hands-on experience and be comfortable implementing – Interface Builder & XCode, Auto Layout, Cocoa Touch, Distributing an App, Building to Devices, UIKit, Core Data, Instruments, REST and/or SOAP, Table Views, Subversion and Git, Collection Views, Debugging in XCode, Clean Coding Principles, Concurrency and Threading, SOLID, XC Test, and Unit Testing to name a few.
Learn Objective-C or Swift
This is again, obvious to pursue a career as iPhone developer. To build highly robust iOS apps, it is important that you learn Objective C or Swift language. It would be best to know both the languages as it will give you a competitive advantage. For a beginner, knowing at least the syntax and foundation frameworks like JSON, networking, collections, objects, data types, etc. is a good deal. Furthermore, it is important to know basic object-oriented concepts such as what an object is, what a class is, or how to write methods.
Learn Craftsmanship and How to Use Source Control
To be a successful iOS developer, it is important to know how to build an app, how to structure it, how to test and debug, and how to use source control. These are the minimum requirements to be an iOS developer. Source control is extremely important, and gives you the ability to make valid checkpoints, go back to an earlier version of the source code, and explain why such changes are being made. For this, you may have to learn Git – how to initialize and clone a repo, how to commit and push to a remote, how to check status of local repo, how and when to create and merge branches, etc. This will help you to know how to use source control in the best possible manner.
Experience of Building an App
Many companies prefer hiring a developer who has experience building a mobile application or software. So, you have already proven your skills in developing an app, you are much more preferable to a potential employer as compared to someone who have knowledge in iPhone and Swift, but has not yet built anything.
Being an iOS developer is a lucrative career, with huge growth potentials. After all, the trend for iOS apps is here to stay!
Yes, Because skills improvement is most important thing in your IT career.
The benefits of upgrading skills :
Increased self-confidence: Learning a new skill can help you take on new tasks at work, as well as increase your ability to articulate to employers how you can make a difference in the workforce. Employers look for candidates who are knowledgeable, competent, and proactive. An employee who is confident in their skills and who can actively demonstrate these skills will be viewed as an asset to their company.
Improved marketability and competitiveness: Upgrading your skills helps keep you up-to-date within your field and makes you a more competitive job applicant. When employers see that you have the skill set they need, you are more likely to get a call back on your application, as well as increase your chances of getting hired.
Greater resourcefulness: New skills can give you the ability to offer solutions to problems that may occur on the job. Employers value employees who are self-directed and able to anticipate and resolve issues as they occur. These skills can be demonstrated on the job, as well as during behavioural-based interviews, where job applicants provide examples of a solution they developed to a challenge that arose.
Better career opportunities: Upgrading your skills will open the door to new career opportunities that you may not have been able to consider before. For example, if you upgraded your Microsoft Excel skills, you may be able to apply for jobs that require you to analyze data, create spreadsheets, or even produce reports. As you gain new skill sets, you can consider job opportunities and roles that you once passed on.
My hobbies are playing cricket, watching news and reading books.