Interview with Anil Agarwal
Founder at Bloggerspassion.com
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Q1. Please share your inspirational Blogging journey with us? How did it start and why did you opt it as a career?
Thanks a lot Mitesh for inviting me to your blog.
After completing my MCA course, I started my career in the SEO domain in 2004. I worked in the SEO domain for more than 15 years and was doing blogging side by side. From September 2018, I’m doing full time blogging.
I started using free blogging platforms like Blogger.com and WordPress.com to spread words about the companies I was working for. But soon I realized the true potential of blogging.
I started creating free blogs on Blogger.com to learn all the basics of blogging. I started my first self hosted WordPress blog in 2008 and sold it via Flippa to a UK guy for an amount of $35,000.
I’ve been working on BloggersPassion.com blog since 2010, which is a blog dedicated to Blogging, SEO and affiliate marketing related topics. I started a web hosting solutions project at HostingMonks.com in January 2019. And took over MakeBlogging.com blog from an online friend in September 2020.
From BloggersPassion.com blog only, I’m able to make $10,000 plus revenue every month for the last couple of years. And aiming at taking our monthly revenue to $15,000 in the next one year.
SEO skill is something which is with me due to my profession and I developed blogging and affiliate marketing skills through my own experience while working on different types of websites and blogs.
Q2. You are an early bird in a Blogging Industry. What kind of problems have you faced in the Blogging Industry and how did you remove it?
That’s true, I’m an early bird in the blogging industry. I was working on blogs as a side project. So I took lots of time to reach where I’m today. Challenges are there with each profession.
- When I started, I was writing very short contents. But as the time progresses, I have to either delete those contents or improve their quality.
- Most of the traffic on my blogs comes through Google search. So traffic and revenue from my blogs keep fluctuating with Google Algo Updates.
- For so many years, I was focusing on Google search traffic only and not giving any importance to other traffic sources. But for the last 2-3 years, I started giving weightage to other traffic channels like email marketing, social media marketing and video marketing.
- I was not good at networking with other bloggers but now I’m working in this direction.
Some open challenges for me:
- Still need to become good at videos. Hopefully I will be able to work in this direction very soon.
- Still trying to master the art of email marketing.
- Challenge of launching my premium courses around blogging, SEO and affiliate marketing in the coming days.
- Every year, I try to become good at paid advertising. But not much work done in this direction.
Q3. Recently you released a book “SEO Playbook” on SEO? Please share some brief about your book and why SEO is very important for google ranking?
I created SEO Playbook just to help my blog readers in getting maximum results from Google search. This eBook is written keeping newbie bloggers in mind. With this eBook, you will learn about:
- All fundamentals of SEO
- How to create SEO friendly design
- How to create contents that actually ranks well in Google Search
- How to Attract high quality backlinks and lot more.
This is a must have eBook for those who are struggling to get traffic from Google search or want to take their Google search traffic to the next level. Your blog readers can know more in detail about my SEO eBook from here.
Q4. You are one of them who inspired youth about Passive Income. How do you see Blogging as a Passive Income in 2020-21 and onwards? Is it sufficient to opt Blogging as a Primary career option now?
No doubt Blogging and digital marketing as a career is growing and is going to reach greater heights in the coming years.
Coming to the question of choosing Blogging as a full time career, I would suggest to start blogging as a side hustle. From blogging, you are not going to get revenue from day 1. You may have to wait for a year at least to start seeing positive results from your blogging efforts.
Once you reach a level where you can take care of your daily needs with your blog earnings only, you can give a thought to opting blogging as a full time career.
Q5. What is the importance of Digital Marketing for Blog? Which are the best tools to do Digital Marketing on web?
Blogging is an important aspect of digital marketing. And to get success with our blogs, we need to become good at digital marketing skills like SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, branding & search engine marketing to name a few.
Sharing few important digital marketing tools below:
- Semrush as complete SEO tool
- Yoast or Rank Math as SEO plugin
- Google Analytics to keep track of website visitors
- Grammarly to keep a check on Grammar related errors.
- Convertkit or Drip as an email marketing tool
- CrazyEgg or similar tool for better conversions
- Google Search Console to keep a check on your website health
Q6. What is the importance of keyword in Blogging? Which one is the best Keyword researcher tool for Blogging in the world?
Keyword research is really important when it comes about driving targeted traffic to a website or blog. If you are a new blog owner, you should target long tail keywords where you see blogs or websites with less authority doing well on Google search.
And as an established blog owner, you can target broad as well as long tail keywords.
If you have the budget, you can give a try to SEMrush tool. You can read my detailed review of SEMrush from here. And if you are looking for free or cheap tools for keyword research, you can give a try to Ubersuggest tool by Neil Patel.
Q7. Which one is the main income source of Blogger between Google Adsense and Affiliate Marketing?
Mitesh, if you ask me, between adsense and affiliate marketing, affiliate marketing is helping us with more revenue than Google Adsense. When I started working on BloggersPassion, I was using Google Adsense ads only. But once I started using affiliate marketing as a way to monetize my blog, I never looked back at Google Adsense.
If you have a blog where you talk about different products, you may end up making more revenue with affiliate marketing. And if you are mostly writing education contents, you can give a try to Google Adsense or similar monetization methods.
To make good revenue with Adsense type networks, you need a good amount of traffic on your blog. And with Affiliate marketing, you can make hell lots of money with very little traffic if it’s relevant.
Blog URL: https://bloggerspassion.com/
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/anilagar/
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/bloggerspassion